Sunday, August 9, 2015


I turned 25 this week.

If I think about it, the reality of my life is not so far from what I envisioned as a girl lusting over the thought of one day being in my mid-twenties. I don't feel strong and independent but I suppose I am. The reality of my life is more Broad City than what I think I had in my head years ago but that's most likely a good thing. 


More than anything, I've found that right now I'm much happier working than I was studying. I'm learning the names of my state legislators, how their budget cuts affect families, the difference between SIJS and U visas, how to dance a decent salsa. I also think that all the schooling I'll ever need comes in the mail every week inside the pages of the New Yorker.



I'll update soon with Mexico and Honduras posts but for now, I need a Sunday night spent making a pizza bagel and doing nothing but 
sitting on the couch watching the new Tig Notaro documentary on Netflix.

For more interesting content than I can muster, HONY's Pakistan tour is beyond incredible. The landscapes, the brutal honesty, the humor, the multitude/diversity of stories encapsulates everything I love about well-done media and art. Also, I just came back from vacation but cannot stop scrolling through the Airbnb website. If summer were longer, I'd escape here for a weekend. I suppose I can always escape in the fall or winter but there's something lovely about the summer. All of this Vitamin D has just got me feeling some type of way.

No comments: