Monday, April 24, 2017


A few weeks ago, I took a trip to Illinois State Beach Park and then proceeded down Chicago's North Shore to Glencoe and Winnetka (oof, the scale of the houses in those suburbs was still unbeknowest to me until this trip). I drove down Sheridan Road, past the Baha'i temple, until my boyfriend and I made it to a creperie in Evanston. Sunday adventuring followed by a very relaxed night in my newly cleaned out sun porch has been making my weekends these days.

Since then, all of the trees and tulips have started to bud, even earlier than usual I feel. I can still recall a June a few years ago that ended up being rainy and grey throughout so I'm appreciating the 70+ degree weekends we have been having. A sunny spring in Chicago is never a guaranteed affair.


But enough about the weather; I'm mostly spending my days this spring waiting, trying not to think too much about what I will be doing with my life next year 
 the possibility of grad school still dangles by the string of one school's wait list. I remind myself almost daily, "It is seldom the case that our dreams come without drawbacks. Repeat: It is seldom the case that our dreams come without drawbacks," as I try to figure out Plan B (Or, I think Plan C at this point).

I'll be back in a few days with an essay I finished about Honduras (the last I'll say on the subject). I submitted the essay to a few journals but had no luck in getting it published
‒ but lucky me for having this space here. Though for now, I'm off to warm up a cup of tea to heal a sore throat that's been around for far too long.

No comments: