Thursday, April 23, 2015




It’s still a bit chilly in Chicago.

But even though my fingers were growing a little numb, I was all smiles waiting for my bus this morning sipping on iced tea, listening to Selena’s “Amor Prohibido” next to a boulevard full of sprouting magnolia trees. I have some ideas for this blog and plan to write something beyond my mental wanderings but this month was full of unexpected car repairs and hospital visits and other just general, not-so-fun life stuff. Sometimes these budding flowers are the only thing keeping me sane, especially since on top of all this, I just learned what the Trans-Pacific Partnership is (also, Derrick Rose in the playoffs makes me a nervous wreck. His poor knees.).

But I promise, as spring so often reminds me, some goodness is on the way.

No comments: