Wednesday, May 25, 2016


In case any other readers are Chicagoans, I thought I would type up a late night, thunderstorm-induced, summer to do list. I won’t get to all of these things but in case you have also spent many summers in Chicago and are looking for something new to do, here are some thoughts:

TO DO: Bike the North Branch Trail, which offers relief from the crowded Lake Michigan trail and ends
at the Chicago Botanic Gardens
Bike the prairie path and end with a beer at Two Brothers Brewery in Warrenville
Drink wine at art gallery openings every second Friday of the month in Pilsen
See the Chicago Symphony Orchestra perform live while watching Titanic at Ravinia (!!)
And of course, picnic at the Pritzker Pavilion either for the summer concert series or movies 
in the parkEven better, dance salsa in the park for the summer dance series or rock climb at

GETAWAY: Lake Michigan camping (Sleeping Bear Dunes or Nordhouse Dunes)
Shawnee National Forest in Southern Illinois 
Red River Gorge near Lexington, Kentucky

EAT/DRINK: For patio dining, there’s Lula Café, Longman and Eagle, Parson’s Chicken and Fish, Big Star, and Happy Village. I’d also like to make my way to the Green Mill. Maybe this will be the year! Though most likey, I’ll be spending my nights in my backyard with a clara con limòn, which sounds perfect too.

Anything else that I’m missing?

2 comments:

Celia said...

This is amazing. Can we meet up for a movie/concert/dance at the Pritzker this summer? I'd add....walk the 606 (can't wait), impose on friends with a rooftop, picnic in the nearest park.

Sally said...

Yes, that would be great! And agreed, I'll be trying to rooftop/picnic as much as one can.